Monday, September 21, 2009

L'andana.. A GO TO (but not if your on budget)


One word. Modern.


Landana gave an elegant mature ambiance and instantly made Andrew and I feel comfortable.


The scene was hip and the waiters acted professionally (for once).
The wine selection was out of this world so I pretty much closed my eyes and pointed and whatever it landed on was going to be the choice of the evening. (Andrew was paying).


I ordered my fave dish, Calamari. It came with this unique aioli buttery sauce. I liked it but once Andrew complained, it was too buttery I was not as aggressive on putting every piece on my dish. Judge me.


Andrew went with the pre-fixe menu and had ravioli to start. (It only came with about five pieces …you should have seen the expression on his face, disappointment) Andrew asked if I wanted a bite but I knew from the speed he went through the first three that he felt like he “needed” to ask to be a gentleman, I said “No” and you can see the relief in his face. I went for a nibble of my calamari and never saw his plate again.


For dinner, Andrew had the Lamb entrée, which came with a gorgeous salad with goat cheese and balsamic dressing, and I got the Broccoli Rabe for a side and a Caesar Salad, I am pathetically getting less adventurous with age.


We took them all back home due to the generous portion size.
The Dessert was easily the best. I paired it with a stiff house Merlot which cut the sweetness of my apple warm caramel gelato tart (was that even the name?). Andrew got the Vanilla pudding (there is a french? Itlaian word for this) with a ginger candy treat on top.


Although we had to travel to Burlington, MA to have dinner, it was worth it. From the atmosphere, to the service into the meal. Everything was up to par.


5 stars for Andrew.


(I would love to give Andrew all this credit but I gave him four restaurants to pick to take me out to dinner and he chose Landana)

No comments:

Post a Comment