Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Fire Fly (oh my oh my) - oh yes, I did rhyme


Fire Fly is on Dartmouth Street in the Back Bay. Andrew and I parked on Newbury Street and had to walk about five blocks to get to Fire Fly. Clearly, I do not care about walking barely a quarter of a mile but Andrew was struggling and recommended we go somewhere closer! I refused. (Andrew thinks our Apartment to Whole Foods is 3miles...Its about one mile and five feet)


Although, I was having a skirmish with the boyfriend, I ended up inviting him to my pick of the evening...


Fire Fly has alot of healthy choices and seeing from the last Blog I wrote it would not hurt my dear muffin, Andrew to partake in such meals.


Thanks to Virginia (my mother) I used a restaurant.com gift certificate for $25 off if we spend $45 in food.


Andrew gotthe steak tips and melted brie with almonds and I got a Ceaser (sp) Salad and calamari (it was not called calamari though but, lets be honest a fried fish stick with a dipping sauce, to me, is calamari).


Fir Fly was a laid back, "rock on" type of atmosphere. "Rock on" as in from the wait staff to the decor around the restaurant it gave you a hip/ chill ambiance feel.


One glass of the house Pinot Grigio and a stiff maritini with lemon vodka and lemon juice made the 2day long fight with Andrew end once we got to the Dessert. (which was a simple cookie because our food at the end of the entree course was 43$, so a cookie would make us max 45$ and get the discount.. woo wee!).


Although My only Motive that Thursday Night, was to go to Liberty Hotel to see a Fashion Show that evening,, I missed it and am currently having nightmares every night until next Thursday when I can FINALLY go!


The worse part of the meal was..... and I hate to say it.... how HOT the Calamari (or whatever it was) was. The top of my gums were crispy and bleeding the entire labor day weekend. Woof.


I will go back to Fire Fly and probably order the dish I just previously complained about. But this time will not be as ambitiious to devour the plate and wait 30 seconds for it to cool off.


Lesson: restaurant.com never fails, snapsss for Virginia.

No comments:

Post a Comment