Saturday, August 22, 2009

Morton's Steakhouse on the Waterfront in Boston


Wait, aren't I* a Vegetarian? Yes, but I* do love a filet of Salmon with the right sauce and looking at the RESTAURANT'S WEEK Pre Fixe menu for Morton's was too divine to have it pass me by.

My two roomies minus ex-roomie Courtney are Jenny and Penny (Penelope). These two girls were my dining guests for the evening.

The evening started out fabulous because I parallel parked and did not have to pay 30$ for a Paid Parking Area underground, woo!woo!
Although, it took longer than I thought it would to be seated at 6:30pm on a Wednesday we were served bread, given water, and thrown the wine menu (if anyone were too throw something at me... a wine menu would be the best thing. Thoughts?)
I usually do not order Red's but figured a light Pinot Noir would compliment my filet of Salmon perfectly. Too no one's amazement, it did!
Anyways the starters were a choice of salads and we all decided to order different entrees: Chicken, Steak, and Salmon.
The waiter was from Brazil but did not have an accent (was he thinking we would give him a better tip?)
Side Note: I love America. Independence day is my favorite holiday of the year it is better than my Birthday, New Years and Christmas combined (I stole that quote from Stewert- Harbor Springs pal). 
Back: The waitor also refused for there to be a bread crumb on the table and kept coming over every 20mintues to check if we were being sloppy.
Long Story Short: Everyone was thrilled with the entrees and ordered the Chocolate Mouse rather than the Cheesecake for desert. Was I impressed? NO but, I do get weak in the knees when something has any form of chocolate in it.
If it have not been restaurant week in Boston our bill would have been $125 more than what it was, true story. 
Lesson: GOOO Restaurant Week.

No comments:

Post a Comment