Saturday, August 22, 2009

FORBIDDEN CITY in DOWNTOWN NYC


I have been to Forbidden City before and decided to take my party of eight along with me before heading into a crazy night.
We were honoring the arrival of Michigan's finest, John Ramer. Have you heard of him?
My sister was judging the name and assumed I* was picking a Chinese Restaurant and insisted the food would be so greasy that no one could even think about dancing and getting up and down in da' bar of choice.

She was wrong, clearly and ate most of my entree along with hers.

Since, our party was so large, I could not view most of the meals my dining guests had.
I was at the head of the table... I had Marina, my favorite SLU friend on my right, and the boyfriend, Andrew on the Left (who was looking at his blackberry for most of the evening and refreshing some score on espn.com).

Initially, we were the only ones in the restaurant and it was awkward because there were no beats playing.

The waitress made up for this (which she did not have to because we walked into an amazing Happy Hour, with Impressive designed beverages...AMAZING) by handing us all Tequila shots on the house after our meals.

Anyways, I the food I saw around me and both tasted were the Salad with Ginger Dressing, The Spicy Calamari, and the Veggie Dumplings. Everything was light and fresh and perfect. I wanted to highfive the waitress every-time she brought out a new plate.



Lesson: Do Not Judge a Restaurant by its Name.